The purpose of this policy is to describe the way that we collect, store, use, and protect data that can be associated with you or another specific natural or juristic person and can be used to identify you or that person (personal data).
This policy applies to you if you are:
- a visitor to our website; or
- a customer who has ordered the goods or services that we provide.
Personal data includes:
- certain information that we collect automatically when you visit our website;
- certain information collected on registration (see below);
- certain information collected on submission; and
- optional information that you provide to us voluntarily (see below);
Personal data excludes:
- information that has been made anonymous so that it does not identify a specific person;
- permanently de-identified information that does not relate or cannot be traced back to you specifically;
- non-personal statistical information collected and compiled by us; and
- information that you have provided voluntarily in an open, public environment or forum including any blog, chat room, community, classifieds, or discussion board (because the information has been disclosed in a public forum, it is no longer confidential and does not constitute personal data subject to protection under this policy).
Common examples of the types of personal data which we may collect and process include your:
- identifying information – such as your name or identification number of any kind;
- contact information – such as your phone number or email address;
- address information – such as your physical or postal address;
Sensitive personal data
Depending on the goods or services that you require, we may also collect sensitive personal data like your bank account details.
You must accept all the terms of this policy when you order or use any of our goods or services, or our website. You may not order or use any of our goods or services, or our website if you do not accept this policy.
You may not access our website to order our goods or services if you are younger than 18 years old or do not have legal capacity to conclude legally binding contracts.
By accepting this policy, you are deemed to have read, understood, accepted, and agreed to be bound by all of its terms.
You may only send us your own personal data or the personal data of another data subject where you have their permission to do so.
We may change the terms of this policy at any time by updating this web page. We will notify you of any changes by sending you an email detailing the changes that we have made and indicating the date that they were last updated. If you do not agree with the changes, then you must stop using services. If you continue to use the website or our services following notification of a change to the terms, the changed terms will apply to you and you will be deemed to have accepted those updated terms.
Once you register on our website, you will no longer be anonymous to us. You will provide us with certain personal data.
This personal data may include:
- your name and surname;
- your email address;
- your telephone number;
- your company name, company registration number, and VAT number;
- your postal address or street address; and
- your username and password
We will use this personal data to fulfil your account, provide additional services and information to you as we reasonably think appropriate, and for any other purposes set out in this policy.
When you order any goods or services from us, you will be asked to provide us with additional information on a voluntary basis (goods information or services information).
When you become one of our resellers, you will be asked to provide us with additional information on a voluntary basis (services information).
You may also provide additional information to us on a voluntary basis (optional information). This includes content or products that you decide to upload or download from our website or when you enter competitions, take advantage of promotions, respond to surveys, order certain additional goods or services, or otherwise use the optional features and functionality of our website.
We may monitor and record any telephone calls that you make to us. This may include calls to mobile devices. We will delete the recording at your request, provided the recording does not affect an ongoing dispute.
PURPOSE FOR COLLECTION
We may use or process any goods information, services information, or optional information that you provide to us for the purposes that you indicated when you agreed to provide it to us.
Processing includes gathering your personal data, disclosing it, and combining it with other personal data. We generally collect and process your personal data for various purposes, including:
- goods purposes – such as collecting orders for, supplying, and supporting our goods;
- services purposes – such as providing our services;
- marketing purposes – such as pursuing lawful related marketing activities;
- business purposes – such as internal audit, accounting, business planning, and joint ventures, disposals of business, or other proposed and actual transactions; and
- legal purposes – such as handling claims, complying with regulations, or pursuing good governance.
We may use your usage information for the purposes described above and to:
- remember your information so that you will not have to re-enter it during your visit or the next time you access the website;
- monitor website usage metrics such as total number of visitors and pages accessed; and
- track your entries, submissions, and status in any promotions or other activities in connection with your usage of the website.
CONSENT TO COLLECTION
We will obtain your consent to collect personal data:
- in accordance with applicable law;
- when you provide us with any registration information or optional information.
PRIVACY BY DESIGN
When we decide to develop a new product or start a new activity that involves the processing of personal data, we take the privacy and data protection laws and principles into account and try to build them into the product or activity.
We may use your personal data to fulfil our obligations to you.
Messages and updates
We may send administrative messages and email updates to you about our service. In some cases, we may also send you primarily promotional messages. You can choose to opt-out of promotional messages.
While you are logged into the website, we may display targeted adverts and other relevant information based on your personal data. In a completely automated process, computers process the personal data and match it to adverts or related information. We never share personal data with any advertiser, unless you specifically provide us with your consent to do so. Advertisers receive a record of the total number of impressions and clicks for each advert. They do not receive any personal data. If you click on an advert, we may send a referring URL to the advertiser’s website identifying that a customer is visiting from the website. We do not send personal data to advertisers with the referring URL. Once you are on the advertiser’s website however, the advertiser is able to collect your personal data.
We may share your personal data with:
- our goods suppliers or service providers under contract who help supply certain goods or help with parts of our business operations, including fraud prevention, bill collection, marketing, technology services (our contracts dictate that these goods suppliers or service providers only use your information in connection with the goods they supply or services they perform for us and not for their own benefit);
- other third parties who provide us with relevant services where appropriate.
We may disclose your personal data as required by law or governmental audit.
We may disclose personal data if required:
- by a subpoena or court order;
- to comply with any law;
- to protect the safety of any individual or the general public; and
- to prevent violation of our terms of service.
We may disclose aggregate statistics (information about the customer population in general terms) about the personal data to advertisers or business partners.
We may need to disclose personal data to our employees that require the personal data to do their jobs. These include our responsible management, human resources, accounting, audit, compliance, information technology, or other personnel. Any of our employees or personnel that handle your personal data will have signed non-disclosure and confidentiality agreements.
Change of ownership
If we undergo a change in ownership, or a merger with, acquisition by, or sale of assets to, another entity, we may assign our rights to the personal data we process to a successor, purchaser, or separate entity. We will disclose the transfer via email. If you are concerned about your personal data migrating to a new owner, you may request us to delete your personal data.
We cannot accept any liability whatsoever for unauthorised or unlawful disclosure of your personal data by third parties who are not subject to our control.
We take the security of personal data very seriously and always do our best to comply with applicable data protection laws. We will implement and maintain appropriate technical and organisational measures to protect the security and confidentiality of the personal data. We host on a secure server environment that uses a firewall and other advanced security measures to prevent interference or access from outside intruders. All personal data is securely stored in our customer database. We authorize access to personal data only for those employees who require it to fulfil their job responsibilities. We implement disaster recovery procedures where appropriate.
Accurate and up to date
We will try to keep the personal data we collect as accurate, complete and up to date as is necessary for the purposes defined in this policy. From time to time we may request you to update your personal data on the website. You are able to review or update any personal data that we hold on you by accessing your account online or emailing us. Please note that in order to better protect you and safeguard your personal data, we take steps to verify your identity before granting you access to your account or making any corrections to your personal data. Throughout your interaction with us you retain the right to rectify personal data that is incorrect or inaccurate.
We will only retain your personal data for as long as it is necessary to fulfil the purposes explicitly set out in this policy, unless:
- retention of the record is required or authorised by law; or
- you have consented to the retention of the record.
During the period of retention, we will continue to abide by our non-disclosure obligations and will not share or sell your personal data.
We may retain your personal data in physical or electronic records at our discretion.
Updating or removing
You may choose to correct or update the personal data you have submitted to us by contacting us via email or via the website.
You are entitled to a right to be forgotten. We will delete any personal data that you don’t want us to have.
Restriction of processing
You may request that we restrict the use of your personal data. When we restrict your personal data, we still have the right to store it but not use it.
If you should wish to transfer your data from us to another data controller, we will facilitate this transfer. We will pass on the relevant personal data to the data controller. This excludes sensitive data such as banking details and debit order mandates and data specific to your account.
We will notify our customers of any confirmed data breaches that has occurred. It is our customers’ responsibility to notify relevant supervisory authority and any affected data subjects of the data breach.
We are not responsible for, give no warranties, nor make any representations in respect of the privacy policies or practices of linked or any third-party websites.